Boon-docking Rally in Quartzite, AZ
Ever been to one? Any kind of RV rally? Says its for beginners as well as seasoned RVers, that you will have access to learning boondocking tips from other RVers. Just not sure I could handle being around so many other people I don't know. I have a tendancy to get overwhelmed, except if some of you all were going, someone I knew through the blog-world. Any of you planning on going?
Just comtemplating.....
But I'm basically a loner
Planning on being in AZ anyway...
We are not into boondocking, but we have been to an RV dreams rally. Down in Tennessee in April 2011. We had a great time! Even if you like to be by yourself at times, I find that's the great thing about having your own place. When you've had enough togetherness, you just head back to your space. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm not much of a rally fan or a boondocker, but everyone should 'do' Quartzite once in my opinion. I'm glad I did it my first year on the road, but doubt I'll ever go back. :)
ReplyDeleteWe went to Quartzsite in the winter a number of years ago. It was an experience. We also fasted for 12 days, a total water only fast, in the dessert there. It was at that time, after having been RVing for almost 5 years, about 6 months out of each year, that The Lord spoke to us to "get back home and redeem the time". We did, and have not stopped since. There is a group called Campers for Christ, Sunny, that we connected with in Quartzsite I would recommend them. Good RVing, I know you are just starting this venture and it is going to bless you.
ReplyDeleteNever been, but we would like to go someday, always looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to try it sometime. Have never been to a rally, but I'd be interested in the seminars & such.
ReplyDeleteAnd when you've had enough, you can escape back to Lady Blue! Bet you'd like some of the vendors there too.
I know scochi about the place, and was wondering if my wife and I could go with you when you are going? We would love to go WITH, but don't have much confidence in our buggy to get us there and back.. and it might be nice to have company to do an adventure like this. I do know there is a GI-HUGIC swap meet there that would be cool - so people say - who knows perhaps you could sell your historicly beautimous paintings there. I don't know the cost of the table space, we can discuss more when you arrive here in Guatemala where we live. But it is your nose you... well you know... Anyway I don't know if it would work out or not...who nose...
ReplyDeletehttp://fromthevestpocket.wordpress.com/
ReplyDeleteBTW, I just heard a report that it starts in January. AND you can have a business there that "you did yourself!"
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to go but neve have. Hope I sell my rig in white mountains soon so I can get some rolling wheels. I bet you can learn lots of stuff there.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures of you pups looking out the window. :)
Sunny, I don't know about Quartsite, but I'm pretty much a loner, too, and don't handle crowds well.
ReplyDeleteBut I went to my first rally in October and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd encourage you to try it at least once and see for yourself.
I did have to camp somewhere quiet several days after our rally to recuperate from all the people and goings-on, though! :)
I have never been, but I am betting that there are a lot of good folks to meet! You should just go for it..........you might meet a kindred spirit!
ReplyDelete