Friday, December 7, 2012

Canyon Lake - Potter Creek Park-COE

Part of the 8,230-acre lake with 80 miles of shoreline.I found this by putting the coordinants in my Garmin GPS. Love Garmin! It's a GPS for dummies, er, it was a wise investment for me.
Anyway this is looking toward the lake from down below my campspot.
Below, the campsites of the left loop. Nothing for shade except for the roofed picnic shelters, which I guess is ok.
Far across this field is the right loop down closer to the water.
The fur-pals and I took a long walk across this field this morning and they got their sniffing, running, pottying time in.
Of course I had to watch out for holes like these, about the size of the first half of my shoe.
They were all over that field.
At least the dogs tired out before I did this time ;-)
(The down side of this campground is the little burrs that are all over. They had to be combed out of the dog's fur everytime I took them outside. So if you visit here be prepared if you have dogs.)
Back to the camp we went, where I had parked near some trees on the back side, which is the west.
The cement pads are pretty level and backing in was not a problem.
As I had electric hook-up, last night and today were crock-pot days.
(except that, reading "Traveling with John" made me realise I was eating like I was still up north in the cold) Well, got to fix what I have , no matter the temps. So here's my dried bean, lentil, veggie, polish sausage hearty soup.
...and my cooked apples because I had left home with a peck of good northern apples and some I had left are starting to wither, so I cut up the worst ones. Still good, mind you. I can have these with pancakes or make a biscuit topper, or just plain eat them; there are many ways to use these.
I carry a 3 qt and a 1 1/2 qt crock-pots with me.
Thats what I do when I get to a place with electric is cook up enough for several days. It saves my propane for boondocking and I don't have to eat at Burger King.
 
Opps! I downloaded the wrong picture of the deer.... just a minute....
There, that one is better.....
This is right in back of my RV. They are not scared at all. There is a ban on feeding them now, in fact a huge fine if you do, because of over-population. They hope to eliminate 130 deer this year because they have been eating off the trees for lack of proper grazing per number of deer. It seems that way in alot of places.
I am kicking myself tonight because there was a beautiful sunset and I forgot to carry my phone with me when I walked the dogs. And I leave tomorrow to head west....
Got to plan my route. Have a wonderful evening and may the Lord keep you all safe.

10 comments:

  1. I love crock pot cooking. I love soup so as far as I am concerned its all good.
    Love you picture of the deer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate those burrs in the grass, especially the ones with the sharp points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sped right by me in Waco without my noticing it! You might be interested to know Fess Parker was born and grew up in Ft. Worth; did the Davy Crocket TV series plus one film; "Climb and Angry Mountain," that my husband worked on with him as a studio grip but it was never released. He (Fess Parker) then quit the movie industry altogether to run a winery in California. Did that for all these years and finally died only 4 or 5 years ago. I met him at a casting party years ago and he was CHARMING! Wished I'd known you were coming this way....would have tried to arrange to have lunch with you. I know just the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I read in your last post that you are in Texas? Is this campground in Texas as well? Where are you planning to be at Christmas time? I think it is so wonderful to be able to travel as you do! Stay safe out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In answer to your question, I'm on the "One day at a time" plan! I'm on a 5th wheel and not set up for traveling. I know you've been getting your AZ trip on track awhile. I pray for safe travels for you and a wonderful holiday with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This place looks like a beautiful and relaxing place to be. I hope all the dog walkers pick up the poop – that can sure ruin a nice place. But if I remember right, that's a requirement in most of the places that people stay. It seems like someone to fill in those holes to so that people don't break and ankle. But it does have a beautiful look about it. I have heard that in some places the harvesting of deer has been restricted to the place that they have become a nuisance, although it seems like a sad thing to take the life of these beautiful animals. I guess it's better than letting them starve to death because there isn't enough food for them to forage. Personally, I love being around water – I don't mean tapwater, I mean a lake. :-) Tucson has a couple small lakes – I think they're more like ponds and with very little shade. It isn't too bad in the winter, but in the summer. You're always looking for someplace to get out of the sun. The lakes. I really like are called the Atlantic and Pacific oceans. :-) Now that's what I call water! We used to camp on the beach on the Pacific Ocean. I loved it, but it sure was muggy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, stay safe in your travel and I hope you get to see Luckenbach Texas.

    What route are you taking? Any interstates? Will you be staying off the main highways, so that you can see more of that in natural things? Be sure to travel relaxed. \../,

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my crockpot. I see you do some boondocking as well. I need to get better at it. What do you recommend for the noise at places like the TA?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment... I love to read your thoughts!