Anyway, Happy Mayday to you all! As I cannot leave a basket of flowers on each of your front doors, this will have to do :) Are you ready to take a walk with me?

Daughter Tina says my 'hen and chicks' looks like fireworks on the 4th of July. There will be plenty of starts for anyone who would want some!

Ok, near the bay window are 2 Flowering Almond bushes with a cement bench in between. However I did not share a photo of the bench as I got too close with the mower yesterday and knocked it down, I will have to wait for a couple strong sons-in-law to set it back up.

Close-up of the flowering almond......

The lilac bush, which is many years old, managed to put out a few blossoms so I could see what color it is....

I am not sure what this little bush is, but its pretty little trumpet-like blossoms add a touch of interest to the front yard.

These Johnny-Jump-ups seem to have jumped out of the flowerbed along the front of the house and will have to be moved so I dont run over them.

The flower beds all have birdhouses built into them and the cowbirds (who have such melodious song) have nested in them.

Beautiful little perenial flowers are in bloom....

as well as a Bleeding Hearts near the base of one birdhouse pole.

I love this groundcover whose leaves turn a beautiful mauve color, and set off by the Forget-Me-Nots in back.

Opps! looks like Lilac wants to show off a little more.

On to the garage...... which also has a raised flowerbed around it, and more birdhouses.

I haven't any idea yet what all these flowers are....

and it goes all along the back side of the garage with White Primroses and Hostas, which is kinda boring to me, so i will probably make some changes here.
Well, thats it for today! Next time, part 2 "the back yard". Stay tuned and Happy 1st of May to you all!
How lovely and beautiful!!! So very happy for you Sunny!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are going to have a lot of lawn mowing to do. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty garden, and your flowers are way ahead of ours. Do those bird houses have occupants?
ReplyDeleteLots of flower beds and lots of weeding, Sunny - but they are beautiful. Did you set all those out or were they already there? Looks like mostly perennials which are MY FAVORITE! I got tired of replacing flowers every year. That's a lovely place you've got there...
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling well and recuperating just perfectly! TAke care!
Pretty yard. I love flowers in a yard it makes the house look so happy. And I think it makes us happy too.
ReplyDeleteI love your new place. It has nice "bones" for you to work with. =)
ReplyDelete