I am back with more photos!
From the back side of the garage going toward the back yard, there are numerous beautiful pines. You can see my little red barn way in the back.
and the little red chicken coop on the west side of the barn. I am strongly leaning toward getting some guineas or ducks later on as the out-buildings are in really good condition, but i have traveling I want to do yet.
Now this .......... ahem...... is my bee-hive! I did have a run-in with them the other day but thankfully no swelling out of the ordinary.. just pain :)
That is why the brick to hold the lid on in high winds, is still on the ground. I had no suit on and had to make a departure. But I'll be putting a new hive body on top tomorrow and taking the feeder and old blue section off. That one is there just to keep the feeder from getting knocked over.
Back up toward the garage are 2 huge oak trees surrounded by Lily of the Valley and a couple other bits of ground cover..... and under which sets a cement bench
and a pile of mulch for in the beds and around small trees and bushes. I wonder which will get used the most in the next couple weeks.....
Now before I go I must show you my frog pond. I just love my little frog pond! Has 3 frogs in it that I have distinguished one from the other so far. I need to study up on that to know the best care for it. I'd like to put some Koi in as well.
Here you can see on of the frogs with just it eyes out of the water. I suppose he is wondering if it is safe to come up for a sunning.
He decided to chance it and is sitting in his favorite spot on the little plant. He is the bigger older one.
Well, I've alot to work on I know, but it will keep me healthy I hope. I just do what I can each day. Next post will be about my raised bed garden(s).
Ya'll take care and happy traveling. I'll be quite busy here for a while..... but then I can just pretend I am at one of those camping worker places where you have a hand in things of nature, cuz thats what I'll be doing! Oh yeh, got lots of plans.
Just to keep things in perspective, I wrote a good reminder for myself on the front page of my plan-book,
"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but the cousel of the Lord will stand".
Prov. 19:21











Great buildings. I'm seriously jealous of your bee hive. I want one but considering I must keep an Epipen on me in case of stings it's not going to happen. I've offered to back someone (anyone local) if they would go into the bee business but so far no takers.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your new place!
Love the red building and of course the quote from God!!!
ReplyDeleteVery thing looks so nice & pretty... I really like your lil frog pond too
ReplyDeleteOh, a little red barn, how cute. Enjoy your yard and garden.
ReplyDeleteWhat a big place you have and very pretty. I love the red barn.
ReplyDeleteMy sister used to live in a bouse that had a pond. We cleaned it up and got the pump running and bought the fish. The next morning they were all gone. Must have been the racoons or something. Lots of wild life there.
Enjoy your place.
Your new place is so lovely! Pa is really beautiful isn't it? You own a piece of the beauty now. I used to have those kind of frogs in my pool. But some frogs eat fish, so beware of that. We go to PetSmart & just buy feeder fish to use in the little pond here. the cheap 17 cent ones! Still have a survivor from last year. Added some new ones this year. We think the frogs got most of last years fish!
ReplyDeleteSunny, How blessed to live around frogs and birds and other wonderful creatures. Enjoy each day and keep sharing. I really enjoyed your blog. It makes me realize how truly blessed we are.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great bloog
ReplyDelete