Friday, May 11, 2012

Land-Snorkeling, and new painting

Happy week-end to you all!
First I want to tell you I finished my first painting since arriving in Pennsylvania and it is posted on my painting blog. You can view it by clicking on my little painter girl on the side-bar.
Also I bet you are wondering what land-snorkeling is. Well, it is going out checking for neat places to set up and paint, or to take photos so you can paint later in the studio. I feel like I struck it rich the other day when I was out to the Erie NWR just a few miles west of where I live. I came across some awesome scenes!

This is an area for wood duck nesting as well as other birds. It is a swampy area between the road and those trees in the back.
Just a neat little part of the reserve I found as I was driving in. Some of the lily pads looked like they were going to begin to flower (if thats what you call what they do)
Here is a part of the larger wetlands area. There are 2 Canadian geese swimming away from me.
Another shot of the expanse of the wetlands reserve.
A while later this single goose was gonking and coming closer. One on the other side of the road was answering. Soon I got to see him lift off and was fortunate to capture this with my camera.
I took a break and took Izzy for a short walk on the hiking trail and when we returned these 2 geese families were coming up to and on the bank. I just love seeing the baby goslings!
We left that area and headed away but wandered down this other side road. I was rewarded for my efforts, as here I found a painting gold-mine, so the speak. I am not posting the actual pictures of the area as I will be going back there soon, weather cooperating, to paint there and I want it to be a surprise. I absolutely fell in love with this area!
We spent about 3 hrs there at the reserve, and when leaving took another back road home. Again It was a very rewarding trip as I came across these beautiful PA country scenes.
Holstein cows peacefully grazing.....
......living at this beautiful farm.
And last but not least the 2 big, strong, gorgeous draft horses.
It was an awesome day. See? I AM at a work camp.......
camping in the country and working on paintings!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad that you have lots of inspiration there. Is this near Erie Pa? I have family there. I do hope to make it up there soon!! Such beautiful photos - thanks for sharing. I love the big feet on draft horses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and lots of material.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PA is a beautiful place. My Grandfather lived there for years and when we would visit he would take us for rides all over.
    You have lots of great places to sit and paint. Can't wait to see what you produce.
    Happy Mothers Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. You found great place to paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What treasures you have found. Love the cows. Your journey has taken you to the the neatest places. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment... I love to read your thoughts!