Thursday, February 23, 2012

I am Living on Someone Else's Farm!

As of yesterday at 2:30, the farm no longer belongs to me. And the Pennsylvania property does not belong to me yet. I am property-less. Such an unburdened feeling :)


Here are a few photos I took as the sun was setting this evening, of a very atmospheric sky. I think Kentucky has some of the most beautiful skies.

There never seems to be a repeat of the cloud configuration. Each day it is different.


I think this is what I will miss most about Kentucky.



The Pennsylvania home closing is scheduled for Feb 28th. The movers are already contracted and will be here to pack and load up on March 8th or 9th. I am planning to go through each room again and weed out every last thing I can to cut back further on what I take with me.


All the tool and the bob-cat were loaded and removed yesterday. They will be at a hugh farm auction in TN this Saturday. Another door closed, but I did come to terms with it by the time it was done. Today, I noticed 2 toothpicks stuck up over the visor in the suv. Just bringing a plesant memory, it made me smile.

14 comments:

  1. It's good that a simple thing like toothpicks can make a smile on the face. You've been busy lately girl, how's the knee holding out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are moving fast now. I guess the economy is picking up. People's homes are selling again. take care of that knee don't over due.
    I love that the tooth picks made you smile.
    I take it your staying in your RV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Kentucky Skies... sunsets are so beautiful. Guess I'll have to post some pics for you on my blogs from time to time once your moved :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sunny. I think I answered you on your other blog. I'm so glad for you! I hear some excitement in your voice and I think you're ready for this big move. Things are happening quickly and efficiently sounds like. I like your comments about the toothpicks. I'll bet you have other moments like this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet memory Sunny, and with this door being closed God has one waiting just for you to go through. Praying for a smooth transition, safe travel and of you sharing of this new journey that He is taking you on.
    Thanks for your friendship,
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, since you have a motorhome you can always go visit KY again! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunny, a chapter of your life closing. Know that you are in my continued prayers. It is wonderful how something so small as a toothpick can make us feel happy with a memory!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A toothpick... It is the simple things that keep us sane and take us back when life moves forward sooooo fast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Be blessed as you head into new stages in your life.
    Praying for safety during the storms I'm seeing on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sunny,

    Sorry for not commenting in awhile. I'm glad things are working out so well, it's funny what can bring back strong nice memories.

    Have a safe trip and I hope the closing goes well.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  12. Knee deep in new directions myself here but 'Marching 4th' with encouragement and upliftment from your own determination and 'Sunny' disposition...ever an encouragement to me with my thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment... I love to read your thoughts!