Thanks to all of you for your suggestions and prayers. I really appreciate you all. I know its going to work out ok . I am usually stronger and not such an emotional basket-case, but I suppose we all have our days....
I promised pictures of my Pennsylvania home-to-be, so here is what is available right now. There is sooo much more but will have to wait till I get moved
Coming in to the paved driveway, the home is nicely landscaped with lots of perenials and cute little birdhouses in the midst. Lots of nice evergreen trees and maples on the property. I am imagining cardinals, bluejays and chickadees in the wintertime!
Looking from the backyard toward the house, there is a "bridge" from the driveway to the deck, and a small koi pond on this side of it. And that one section of the house where you enter through French doors from the deck?...... THAT is one large roomwhere my painting studio will be on the far end, Yippee! Lots of light and wind-tight!
A large 2+ stall garage with workshop on the end, sits on the right side of the driveway. There are flowers planted and another birdhouse in front, carrying on the landscape theme from the house.

A fabulous kitchen with stainless steel appliances and tons of cupboard space. A great place for our girls cookie-bakes at Christmas time!

This room with the fireplace will be a den/tv room where the guys can hang out and watch their games.

~~~~~~~~~
Meanwhile, son and dil arrived from PA Thusday afternoon. It was so good to see them! They got my 4-wheeler loaded on the back of his pick-up, and the log-splitter, generator, and zero-turn mower loaded on the trailer. Then I asked him to take what-ever tools that he didn't have but needed. They were very few, because he does have alot of tools himself (he is self-employed and buys and cuts timber). DIL even found a few things for her garden. They gave me some good advise on what tools to keep for myself.
We went out to eat at O*Charley's and had a great meal and more conversation. Back home, They tied the load down while I started the wood-stove. Then it was on to bed for them and I knitted on a sock for a while. They had gotten up at 2 am to make the trip here and wanted to start back about that time in the morning. My son wanted to be back in the woods to work today! Not a sloucher, that one! Maybe its because he has always remembered a very important lesson from when he was little........
...........It was summer time and we grew a large garden. I had given all 5 children a row in the garden to weed. He announced he didn't want to weed his row, and just kept fooling around. I told him "if you don't get your row weeded, you don't get to eat lunch". He laughed and thought I was bluffing. As he soon found out, I wasn't. As he recalls, it didn't take long to get that row weeded! .....and today, all his children know this story. He uses it on them :)
Late yesterday, after a long nap, I carefully walked up my 900' long lane to the mailbox, The gravel is rough in places, but good exercise. Tabby, the cat, accompanied me. I had left Izzy in b/c I didn't want to fight the leash. That crazy cat walked about 5' in front of me the whole way, until near the end and then she swiftly grabbed a field mouse and took off back toward the house. When I got back I got out the pruning tools and proceded to prune the 6 small fruit trees we had planted a few years ago. I am trying to increase my activity a little each day.
You all have a great week-end! Thanks for stopping by!

Looks like a very nice place, gardens and a studio. And being close to your children is the best.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!!! Charm just oozes out of this place. I am so happy for you Sunny. Soon you will be setting up that studio :o)
ReplyDeleteYou sure found a lovely place to call home. I love the settings and all the pretty flowers. Many happy days making cookies in that fabulous kitchen. Can't wait to see how your studio will be set up. I am so excited for you.
ReplyDeleteSunny, that's a beautiful home! And it still looks a bit country, too - I think you have the best of both worlds there. I love it already - can't wait to see you in it and see your studio all set up! Now get movin', girl!
ReplyDeleteI am saddened you are moving...but now it is best for you and your family...that is your home...I wish you the best of luck and will stay in touch...Now have a reason to go somewhere for a vacation...lol...We love you and will miss you dearly but know the road is never to much to travel in between...
ReplyDeleteYou have a good reason to be emotional, this is going to play out like that as you change into your new transition in life. It's kind of like saying goodbye to your husband again. But I believe he'd want this for you & fate has dropped this in you path. What a lovely house!! It's beautiful as are the surroundings on it. Now get your son to help you with a new garden that he will have to weed for you ;-)
ReplyDeleteYour house is lovely, the yard is spectacular. You will have a lot of family fun and painting fun too.
ReplyDeleteI love how your blog reads like a modern day frontier woman. Am dealing with simlar stuff myself and take courage from you. My thanks!
ReplyDeleteWelcome Back to PA!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks wonderful and homey. I know you will paint there soon and make more memories.....
ReplyDelete