Monday, November 14, 2011

Time to Fess Up

Since I hit the Kentucky homestead and the damp cooler weather, my knees have been talking back to me. Not just the bad left one, either.... the right one is now loudly complaining that it is doing all the work. (sounds just like a couple o' kids, right???)



So I called my doctor office today, and am waiting for a call back as to when they can schedule me for the long, put-off knee replacement surgery. I am finding it hard to even walk since returning home, and my knees have been constantly painful.

There is so much I want to do, places I want to go, and scenes to capture on canvas, and I am to the point that if it is going to become a reality I need to get this done. I have finally conjured up the courage (read ...... the Lord has given me confidence and a willingness to go through with it) that I can get through this and there are better things on the other side. I know, that I know, that I know, when He leads me to something, He will be there to see me through.

I told my eldest daughter my decision yesterday, and she and her hubby volunteered her to take off work to come down for the first couple weeks till I get through the rough part. (I did not ask, because she has back disc problems .... I just figured Iwould get through it somehow.) There is a PACS van that will be able to transport me to therapy after she leaves.

So in the mean time, I have one more short trip to make back to Energy Lake over Thanksgiving holiday weekend, and then the RV will be put up till I re-coop enough to go to Tuscon, Arizona, to my brother and sil's, towards the end of Jan/Feb(??) I have lots of reference photos to paint from, my knitting stash will be close at hand, and my sewing machine will brought downstairs so it will be available to me.

I also hope to make one of these for on the walker, before surgery.



Oh yes, and if I get time and inspiration I might get in a few groceries and clean the house :)

You all enjoy yourselves and be safe out there!!

9 comments:

  1. Best wishes for your surgery. Guess it's time to get 'er done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take care of your self and get it fixed so you can get back on the road.

    Let us know how things are going you will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny,

    Another in line for knee fixin! Diana just had hers done and someday I'm going to do mine.

    Good luck!

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, I know where you are coming from. I hope you have a good successful surgery! Was talking to a friend yesterday that has had knee surgery on both knees - she's still recovering, but she said she has no more pain at night & can sleep again! I hope it goes that way for you too. Got a giggle because I too have my jewerly making things & yarns sitting aside for crocheting! If it turns cold, maybe I'll crochet a throw
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sunny,
    You have just made the best choice. I have had both my knees replaced. The first in 07, I had waited way to long but I finally got it done and my foot had already turned completly inward. After the surgery the firts thing I realized was that my foot was once again straight and facing foward. I healed well and yes the daily and nightly pain was gone. I had the left one done this past Feb. I told the Dr. I had to be healed enough to hit the road on April 15. He laughed and said we will see. I was on the road April 17. I showed him.:) But he gave me the go ahead and told me to make sure I stopped in 2hrs and walked around for awhile and to pump my foot as I drove. I could that since it was my left. I'm not going to sugar coat it for you either. Therepy is tough. But if you have the will to get better you will work your therapy do what they tell you and walla your good as new. I knew I had to walk more so I adopted Freddy and I haven't walked so much in 4mths as I did in over 3yrs. Life is good. :)
    I'm hear for you all the way. After all we are supposed to meet up in Tucson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bless your heart......I hope your surgery goes well. Take good care of yourself. blessings,Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sunny - I'm glad you had a great safe trip to Texas. I know you were tired and ready to get home - sorry I missed ya this trip. I thought I might hear from you, but I know when you're on your way home, nothing is going to get in your way!

    Well,I guess it's time to give in and get that knee replacement. I know it's a big pain in the rear, rather knee, but you'll be glad. and I guess this coming time of year is probably best. You'll be inside most of the time anyway, so just relax and paint - I'm aiming to see alot of artwork coming from your place this winter! I'll be keeping you in prayer for your surgery. Let us know when you've got that scheduled! And best wishes for a speedy recovery, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad to see you made it back OK. I LOVE your Lake Catherine pictures and would love to visit there. Few places in Texas are that pretty.

    I'm sorry to learn about your knees. The daughter of our RV park here just had hers done earlier this year and the change in her has been remarkable. It looks like you've got a lot of support here and know I'll have you in my prayers too.

    Incidently, you have the distinction of being the first (and only) person to have commented on my blog. Aaaand my blog has problems which I put up a post about. Google gave me twins!! You have to go to my Profile Page and click on the second to get to my new stuff.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sunny, I'm over from Susan's (Penless writer) blog. My husband's name is Sunny!
    I enjoyed reading your post. Hope your surgery is a success and glad your at peace with doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment... I love to read your thoughts!