Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Going home ....Stop off at Lake Catherine, AR

After an exciting week with DD before her wedding, and the big day, i found myself a little less than exhausted. I barely got to Texarkana from Denton on Sunday afternoon. The next day I decided I wanted to take an extra day to just camp out and re-coop. I had been running to see family in PA and then to TX for the wedding and could use some relaxation.



I checked out the map and decided on Lake Cathrine State Park near Hot Springs, AR, just south of Little Rock. I was assigned a space right down by the water. There were only 2 other campers nearby. It was very beautiful and peaceful.


These Canadian Geese were not 20 feet from my door, and didn't budge when I stepped out of my RV.




They eventually started toward the water and began to slowly swim away.

Then they took off from the surface of the water and flew toward the opposite shore.

We were later visited by some Mallard ducks, who wandered along looking for tidbits to eat,



They too eventually meandered off into the water.



I saw some unusual tree trunks.....



.... and beautiful bark patterns on the pine trees.



and the rough bark against the smooth back-drop of the water intrigued me.



The snake-like curving pattern of a shoreline is something that always seems to catch my eye.




I enjoyed viewing reflections in the water, which grew bolder as the day wore on.




This reflection mirrors the old steam-generated electric power plant on the opposite shore.



I also got a couple night shots;


The power plant lit up at night....



..... and the moon shining through the trees.



I am so blessed to be able to enjoy God's creation out here......not everyone has this priviledge.
Today I am so thankful for eye-sight.
 
Hope you enjoyed my stop-over .... I know I did.

10 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your stopover - the pictures are fabulous - and I imagine you will be painting some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures. Isn't it wonderful to be out enjoying all this natural wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures and commentary, a perfect place for some R&R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Camp Spot... looks so nice & peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful place to regroup and recharge.
    Your pictures are fantastic.
    I'm glad you took the extra time to rest and enjoy nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sunny, simply awesome. Some day we hope to be living that lifestyle.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunny,
    What a fine retreat you had. I too, am grateful for our gift of the nature around us. It's everywhere we look. Camping at waters edge is something I sure do miss.
    Thanks for stopping by earlier. It is always good to hear from a friend.
    So happy you enjoyed that gorgeous wedding...and a lawyer in the family to boot~~~
    BlessYourHearts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sunny - Are you not on fb? Please let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the photos Sunny, since getting older, I now appreciate my eye-site more than ever. God has certainly blessed you with wonderful views of His creations, as He has me too, especially this time of year.
    Thanks for your sweet comment,
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was there in December 2019. It is a beautiful and peaceful place. Did you walk to the waterfall?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment... I love to read your thoughts!