I finally finished my 2nd painting from Energy Lake at Land Between the Lake, Golden Pond, KY. You can see it here, or just click on my painter girl on my sidebar.
I am supposed to be getting ready to go there for the Thankgiving pot-luck they put on at the campground, and its only 60 miles away, but the weather is not so nice. Wondering if I should just stay home and paint ......
The count-down is on..... that is, the days I have left till my knee surgery. It is scheduled for Dec 13th, and I got my surgical clearances yesterday. See, thats the thing; if I go to the Thanksgiving doings, I might just keep going after and not return for my surgery..... just because I can .... if I want to. Oh yes, I want to run from it!! I have times where I start to get panic-y. So if I stay here and paint it will relax me as well as keep me where I belong til the big 12-13!!
I know the Lord is my strength , and thats why I am still here and not on my way to Arizona!
Sunny,
ReplyDeleteGo for the dinner, being around nice people will be nice and then you can go back for the surgery you know you need and just think how good you'll feel when you're all healed up. :)
Good luk and have fun!
Erik
Now Sunny,
ReplyDeleteYour comment on blog this morning mentioned your pain. You know you want to get rid of that and then you can run away all you want.
Before my surgery I couldn't even walk the block to my friends house now I walk all over the place. It is such a blessing to be able to do that. I am going to go to the 4th Avenue Street Fair this year. I haven't been able to do that in about 4 yrs.
And you will still be able to get to AZ by March.
Go for it and have fun at the pot luck! Your painting is beautiful! Have a blessed Thanksgiving. blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDeleteI'm with the others, go to the pot-luck and enjoy the day and then get ready for the 13th. Yes, if anyone can do this YOU can!!!!
ReplyDeleteHa silly girl, you CAN'T "run" till you get dem knees fixed! So go to the dinner, enjoy the company & I'll be here for you through the surgery. I go back to the doctor tomorrow, problem is, I'll have to drive myself, so I'm a bit worried about that, but I know I'll be ok. I just hope I can push the pedal ok. Now I'm going over to see the painting :-)
ReplyDeleteGo for the dinner it will be fun.
ReplyDeleteYour painting is beautiful.
You need to do your leg excised on both of your legs, it sure helps. i had mind done a couple of years ago and it's working fine for me.
ReplyDelete