Monday, September 19, 2011

Preparation for the Journey

Thanks to all who have stopped by and left such encouraging comments. I will be visiting your blogs as well. I feel like a sponge wanting to soak up all the info I can on how to plan, what I will need to take with me, tools, cooking stuff, dog supplies, etc, as well as how to look after my rv.


I thought I heard her calling my name today as I drove by the repair shop. She was sitting outside (probably still waiting on the parts to come in). Thought I could hear her saying "why did you leave me here all alone? When you coming to get me?"

Actually I was on my way to get a new cell phone that would give me the best cell service all over the USA. The one I now had, the coverage dropped off drastically past TX. I had pulled the coverage maps up on the internet and compared them. I went with ATT's pay-as-you-go plan. I know I won't get coverage just everywhere, but we had had ATT in the truck before and it seemed to do a good job then.


I also got an air-card (whole seperate deal) and have 30 days to see if it works for me. My idea was to be able to cut the home internet, IF..... the air-card would work at the house as well. I figure I will probably be spending half the next year in the rv and half at the house, and then decide from there .


I also picked up a Fix-a-Flat for large tires, a can of de-icer, and a sunscreen for across the windshield. I write things down that I think I may need, from what I learn reading other rv blogs. I've got a pile of tools together. But not sure what else I need in this area. Are there any tools you would not leave home without??


Welcome to new followers, I am pleased to have you join me! Hopefully I can get on the road soon, maybe by the first of next week :) Planning to head to the beautiful colored fall trees in Pennsylvania, to see all my kids and grands, and to do some painting! Till then, stay cool.... or warm, whatever the case, and may God keep you safe on your journeys!

11 comments:

  1. Be sure to travel with a good roadside service! I have two, one with my insurance company, progressive & one with AllState. The Allstate is paid monthly, a small fee. They are both well worth the cost. Some folks use coach-net as well, which is another good service. I also have two tool type of boxes, which have some different tools from each other. And a small compressor that I can fill my own tires with. Have fun & good luck with your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I carry both type screw drivers, hammer and if I remember an electric drill with all the defferent size heads and drill bits. Never needed it but one never knows. And most important a can or 2 of hornet spray. This is for protection. They say it is better than bear spray. It sure can shoot farther. This will deter anyone or anything that is a threat to you. It can shoot 20 ft. I keep a can tucked in between the matress and the wall and one near me in the lounge area. hahaha I turned the dinette into a couch and I have a chair. And of course if you are sitting outside keep a can with you.
    I hope you get on the road as planned.
    Have fun and be safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope you find peace as you start this new chapter in your life. I love your little RV...it's so cute! Can't wait to follow your adventure. Cheers! ~Merri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as I find all kinds of help from blogging quilters, I think you will find the help you need from fellow travelers. The shake-down cruise should be a fun start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like your thinking of everything. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like your plannin well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can so relate to your blog-as I lost my husband, best friend, lover of 34 years this past May 28th. You are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to you taking us along too Sunny, Praying for you as you take this new journey.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sunny,
    I just finished reading your blog from the begining. So sorry for your loss. But you have what it takes to move along. Good luck and I will be right here following along with you.
    Be safe and be happy with your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sunny, All I would like to add to your list is a good step ladder, and has far as those boxes of tools, if you don't know how to use them do not carry the extra weight... PS.. The one thing most rv's never, never, purchase is D,Icer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you Sunny and happy travels.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment... I love to read your thoughts!