Monday, September 12, 2011

"Angel" Visit

My #3 daughter, Rachel, is an office manager at a place called "Visiting Angels". This last week she got a chance to be one; flying down to be with me for bladder stone surgery last Thursday. I was so grateful to have some family with me. The doctor said the surgery process and its complications, went very well. I am now on the mend, although it will take a couple more weeks than I had expected.


Izzy was also grateful, getting lots of attention even though I was under the weather. (sorry, no pictures) Rachel became the one to go to, to be fed, and cuddled, let in and out.... and in and out.... "oh! Kitty is out there to play with me!" and in and out ....... and there was no shortage of pettings or belly rubs.


I know the other three daughters wished they could have been here as well, but because of "life" being what it is, was just not possible. The check-calls came in on a regular basis though, and everyone was kept up-to-date.


Thank-you Rachel, for being my "visiting angel"!

6 comments:

  1. How lovely to have your very own angels. Glad things went well and you are in the recovery stage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunny, I have been remiss in reading my blogs and have spent some time away from yours. I am so sorry for your loss. God has taken your life in a complete turn around. Know he will see you through it all. My thoughts and prayers are with you and especially now as you recover from your surgery. May you find comfort in the love form your family and in the Lord Jesus, who sustains us all.
    My sincere condolences.
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny, as I write this it's been a week since your surgery, and I hope your recovery is coming along quickly.

    I'm excited for you that you have an RV, and I look forward to following your blog and your future travels with Izzy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. An angel indeed. No, I have not read the book you asked me about but will put it on my "to read" list. Sorry to hear you've had surgery, on top of everything else. Mend fast and know that you are in my prayers. And waiting for that RV to bring you our way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sunny - how did I miss this blog! I'm ashamed of myself! I've been wondering about how you're doing, and you've been here all along!

    I'm hoping that your surgery went well and that you are healing quickly and will be back on the road again before much longer. I am proud to hear that you're choosing to have a positive attitude and you're going to jump in head-first on your plein air painting. I'm a bit envious that you can just take off and go whenever the mood strikes you.

    I'm looking forward to seeing all the paintings that you and Izzy do on the road! Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had an angel with you for the surgery! Glad it went well even though the recovery will take longer.

    Have a great week,

    Erik

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment... I love to read your thoughts!