My #1 daughter surprised me the other day with a new header for my blog. Thank-you, Tina!
My RV is still at the repair shop. They did finally get the fuel line in. The repairman said it is only 24" long but has many bends and turns in it. They had to try 4 different lines before they found one that would work and also had to buy new bending tools to get it bent just right without kinking it. But now they need to finish getting it back together and test-drive it to make sure the problem is solved.
So I went on a color binge! Having color around me makes me happy. I saw this colorful quilted spread at WM and thought "why not?" It goes really nice with the bright woolen afghan my Grandma Miller made back in the 1950's????
So I went on a color binge! Having color around me makes me happy. I saw this colorful quilted spread at WM and thought "why not?" It goes really nice with the bright woolen afghan my Grandma Miller made back in the 1950's????
......and set out a few other fall decorations I had.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I decided to use my waiting time to do needed projects around theoutside of the house. I cleaned out old gardening supplies, used plant starter trays, and ridded out gardening tools I'll never use again. Oh, I kept one of each of the main tools because I still have flowers, bushes and a small herb garden. There were old plant pots, and buckets, chick starter feeders and waterers, some rabbit's water bottles, old hoses, old plant supports, you-name-its.
I planted some new mums to fill in some bare spots in front of the porch.

I had hung some of my "older" paintings on the porch as part of my "spruce-it-up" plan.
I also cut a bundle of cornstalks and went to the neighboring farm to buy a few pumpkins to set around.
(This hibiscuis still needs put in the ground)
I love the fall time of year and I do plan to spend alot of it in the RV, but I want to see a welcoming sight when I come home. Also ......., plans are always subject to change. If by chance I get stuck here, I aim to enjoy it!
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!







Sunny I love the colors you've got going on...ORANGE! Fall has always been my favorite season. Not sure if it's because of my b-day, my favorite colors (green & orange) or the fun holidays! But then again, spring is wonderful too!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the hibiscus. I had 5 down in the desert and for the life of me couldn't get them to do good. I think my problem was the direct sun. By the way, the house is looking real nice. I love your added touches. I could seriously enjoy a good cup of joe on that front porch.
Keeping my fingers crossed for your little RV. Hope everything works out with that. Cheers! ~M
To answer your question our MH is 26 feet. I love your house and that front porch.
ReplyDeleteHope you get you MH back soon..
Your house is so charming - it looks so welcoming. I agree, it is good to get things fixed up and cleared out when you have a chance - leaves more time later for fun.
ReplyDeleteThat porch just beckons. I think I would enjoy the return as much as the trip.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks lovely, Sunny. Like your new header. I've had the same old one almost since the beginning.
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice header your daughter made for you.
ReplyDeleteAnd with me its all about a porch. I have one at my Tucson house and I have a nice one up here too. Your porch is great and yes makes you just want to go sit there and enjoy good company.
Hope you MH gets fixed and you can hit the road before the snow comes.
you can always heas South instead.
Hi Sunny - I love what your doing to your house - all the fall decorating - your home looks so warm and cozy and cabiny - I love it! That'd be a wonderful porch to "set on a spell". Have you ever painted your home?
ReplyDeleteI had cornstalks this year I was gonna keep for decorating, but my husband put them all in the burning pile. Drat. He didn't want to keep all that stuff. Our corn was brought in by July 1 or so, and he thought it was too long to keep the stalks til October. He's probably right. Oh, well, maybe next year!
A very welcoming porch Sunny!
ReplyDeleteSunny,
ReplyDeleteI just discovered your blog recently and was struck by your tremendous courage following the loss of your loved one. You are an inspiration for more people than you will ever know. The world is full of lonely people; however, I know that you will not become one of them. You have danced and you have mourned, and now it is time to dance again.
Blessings,
Betty
I love the new header and all the beautiful colors! I'm a fall color person myself. I love the porch in person, and this looks fantastic!
ReplyDelete