I finally feel like I am finding the real me again. I was able to do the dishes and run the vaccum in the LR on Tues. before my knit group arrived that evening. I am using the cane full time now instead of the walker ...... when I don't walk off and leave it also :-/
This morning I awoke to a beautiful Kentucky sunrise! It was prettier before I took the picture but this one isn't bad either.
Yesterday was the first day I was able to sit long enough to get at some painting. I started this for my "homework assignment" for the online 'Painting Skies' class I am participating in. I hope to finish it today.


Then a friend stopped by to visit me while her children were at youth group. She happened to see my knitting project on the coffee table and said she wished she could knit .... I told her about the winter knit group I had started and she was very interested. I left my painting sit and we got out some needles and cotton dish-cloth yarn. I showed her how to cast on stitches and do the regular knit stitch. She took to it like a duck to water. She had several rows done before having to leave so I sent needles and yarn home with her until she could get to W*M to get some. She was so excited! She will be back next Tuesday :)
This is what I had been working on while recuping. A French Slouche' hat and knit-in-the-round matching scarf out of yarn I got in PA last fall. 

I originally had trouble pulling the yarn from the center of the skein because these skeins are very short and fat, and it would squoosh together and get tangled near the end of the skein. I thought about how to remedy that and came up with the idea to use my paper-towel-holder to slip the yarn ball over and instead, use the yarn from the outside of the skein. Works for me!
Today I had a back-to-my-old-self lunch. Looks good and healthy don't you think? Half an avacado, a hard-boiled egg, green olives, baby carrots and ranch dip, and a couple slices home-made cheddar cheese from the neighbor Amish farm ...... yummy! 
Also, in the background you can see the little crocheted coasters I made up this week. I now have a slate coffee and end tables and they always feel cold. When I set my cup of hot tea on it in the mornings it doesn't stay hot very long, so the coasters will delay the cold transfer.

Also, in the background you can see the little crocheted coasters I made up this week. I now have a slate coffee and end tables and they always feel cold. When I set my cup of hot tea on it in the mornings it doesn't stay hot very long, so the coasters will delay the cold transfer.
Besides all this I am making more solid plans to get back in the RV asap and get to AZ. I have several stops along the way, and I am sure looking forward to it. Praise the Lord for health and healing!!
I am still trying to catch up on all the blog reading I have fallen so far behind on. You all be safe! Do something good for your neighbor , or even a stranger. It will bring happiness to you both!

Wonderful post Sunny and everything in it is so lovely. The new painting is beautiful and the cap so cute :o) So happy you are doing so well.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are doing better and good to have you back blogging.
ReplyDeleteGlad you're on the mend! Sounds like the warm AZ sun is calling you. When we lived in Flagstaff, it was so nice to only have to drive south 1-2 hours and be refreshed from the cold of Flagstaff.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! So glad you are finding yourself... !!
ReplyDeleteLove you sis!
Welcome back Sunny!! now let's see if this post will go through. Still having problems with comments. So what nice thing should I do for the new neighbor with the meth lab?? Just kidding!!!! ;-) I'm glad that you are doing better now. Can't wait to hear of your upcoming travels! Have fun with that painting.
ReplyDeleteWow! Nothing will keep you down for long huh? Sounds like life is full and fun. Can't wait to hear of your travels in the near future. Love the sky painting. I will keep looking for more.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see you are feeling better and creating your beautiful things! blessings,Kathleen
ReplyDeleteHi Sunny,
ReplyDeleteGood to see you found yourself again. :) Keep up the good work and hope to see you here in Tucson.
Wonderful to hear you weren't as far away as you thought and great to hear of all your projects. Love LOVE the knitting and how you helped get your friend started. I gatjer this Arizona thing really is an itch you won't be satifsfied with until you've scratched it!
ReplyDeleteIncidently, we've got the exact same dinnerware! :]
RV? Oh, how I miss ours. I'll be right there...lol.
ReplyDeleteLook at you go girl, love the knitting. I've been doing a bit of it myself, this winter. I just finished a cowl collar and a pair of the fingerless gloves I crocheted to match. Also made a pair of camo caps for the fisheree auction. The crafting keeps me limber-those 'itis' brothers seem to love me.
Way to go on the healthy eating.
It's tough, but satisfying.
BlessYourInspirationalHeart
Another day closer to hopping in that RV, Sunny - glad to hear you're healing and painting again. You've got clouds down, me thinks! Looking great!
ReplyDeleteHi this is Scott Williams I was your friend on your rabbit blog. We are the ones with about 300 rabbits in Illinois. I was wanting to know since your out of the business if you could share some information with me or help me out? We are looking for a new buyer for our rabbits. I wanted to know if you had any you could recommend that we could contact? Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteScott
email:rabbitman1984@yahoo.com
Hi, I'm back! I've GOT to ask!! On your knit scarf and hat, are you getting those amazing stripes and patterns JUST by knitting straight from the ball of yarn pictured there? I've been back 3 times now trying to figure it out. If so, I want to know where you find some! lol
ReplyDelete